Been There, Done That

I have been into extreme badassery and have been a good Samaritan. I have been to both sides of a coin. I have been friends with people of extreme dark and extreme bright characters. I have been gloriously dead and have equally enjoyed my time till now.

Basically, in the moment I am introspecting myself. Recalling the times that would add up to 20 years of my life next year. Still to go to June, 2015.

I have done what teens do generally: of course, wearing messed up kohl to school, switching over to untamed tresses from pony tails, played a bit of genteel character to give wings to my ‘boyfriend-fantasy’.. And on the other side, by God’s grace, have had good friends and teachers and the times that make a good memory.

The graceless days taught me that manner-less chaps are not always manner-less in all respects. They are rebel in their own spirit but are too naïve to channel their rebellious attitude to a constructively good path. They are the carefree bunch of people who really do not give second thoughts to something that do not bother them, but might be affecting the society at large.

The chaps on the other side of the coin have usually been the ones, whom I have encountered, who either I look up to in some way or govern extreme bright side of the same plank. They are the good-mannered bunch, idealistic people who walk the talk, have high aspirations and chase their dreams.
The point of inflexion between these two bunch of people have not been the dressing sense, the way they talk or for that matter the way the walk; but have been the perception. Perception changes it all, and blends it at the same time.

They care about everything on this planet. They introspect things going around them and within themselves. They even over think their over-thinking. They give importance to details. They work to remove the pollutants in a human character. They cannot withstand inhumane scenario. It does not matter on which side of the plank you are, what plays a vital role is the attitudinal differences that govern your character, your behavioural pattern, your way of conduct and the way you treat other beings.

If I were to choose between where I place myself on the plank of character, I would perhaps be in the middle: a place where a person would stand only by entering the extreme sides- either darkness or brightness. And I have been to both.

What attracts me is the extremism of thoughts and characters that are complete in themselves. Greys make for a dull, mature, understated colour that has experienced both the extremes and have decided to have a balanced say. Perhaps, all the years that have added to my sense of understanding are a blend of both. I want to be at the extremes and at the same time, grey.

My lateral thinking, in retrospect, have made me understand that the pompous and extravagant shows appear phoney to me sometimes because at the end of the day they do not rule pivotal things in life but love, compassion, empathy, strong and sought-after opinions and respect for an individual do.

I have been there, done that.

Comments

  1. Loved the introspection here! The way you described both sides clearly shows you've been there, literally. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts